The owners and operators of this website expressly exclude any representation or warranty (express or implied) to the fullest extent possible under the law. In no event will the website owners or operators be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, lost profits, or other losses or expenses arising in connection with this site or use thereof, or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure.
In preparing this site we have endeavoured to offer current, correct and clearly expressed information. However, since relevant laws and regulations often change, the information may be neither current nor accurate. Further, the information contained on this site is intended to provide general guidance on matters of interest. The information on this site does not constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the issues relating to medical negligence in Australia. No action should be taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon information on this site. Users should obtain specific professional advice concerning specific matters.
The information contained on this website is not medical advice or legal advice, its accuracy is not guaranteed and it should not be used as a reason to disregard professional advice nor as a reason to delay seeking professional advice. The no win no fee scheme may require payment of disbursements and there may be liability for the defendant's legal charges if the case is lost. A solicitor-client relationship is not established until such time as your claim is accepted in writing by an independent Australian solicitor. Mere consideration of this website does not establish a solicitor-client relationship or any other legal relationship. This website operates as a legal referral agency and does not engage in correspondence with potential claimants, nor does it offer legal advice nor does it engage in legal practice of any description. All potential claims enquiries including emails and forms are referred to an appropriate panel solicitor for legal advice, excluding any that refer to a potential claim of action arising in Queensland which prohibits advertisement of personal injury legal services. This website does not advertise nor does it provide a referral service with regard to workers compensation injuries.
Any information provided is used solely to facilitate a claim for damages for personal injury and is not used for any other purpose. The information will not be passed on to any third party except those directly involved in the settlement of compensation claim. The information is kept on password protected computer hard drives and is backed up regularly to a secure off-site location. Any erroneous information will be corrected upon request. We fully comply with all data protection legislation.
This website does not advertise nor does it provide any services with regard to workers compensation claims. This website is not intended for viewing or consideration by residents of Queensland. Legislation prohibits the advertising of personal injury legal services in QLD. If you were injured in, or if you are a resident of QLD enquiring about injuries sustained in that state on your own or another person's behalf, we are unable to refer you to a solicitor or barrister. Our legal service is not available for any QLD accident claims, or accident claims connected with QLD. Due to the Personal Injuries Proceedings Act 2002 which is relevant exclusively to Queensland, the content of medneg.com.au does not apply to residents of Queensland or to accident claims arising in Queensland nor to accident claims connected with Queensland. The proprietors of this website do not offer legal advice and are not involved in legal practice of any description.
This website operates by way of referral and the proprietors may charge a fee to a lawyer receiving instructions in relation to enquiries which is governed by a separate private agreement between the proprietors and the legal practitioner.
back to the home page
We take your privacy and confidentiality very seriously and we are committed to protecting it.
We may use your personal information provided to us by email or contact form or telephone as follows:
- To disclose to Australian law firms so that they may contact you to provide you with legal information and advice. The law firms whom we deal with are required to protect your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Laws, and they must only use it for the purpose for which it is disclosed.
- To provide you with the services that you require.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
How we collect your personal information
We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
We collect and process your personal information in order to facilitate the provision of the professional service(s) for which you have or may instruct us. The personal information you supply to us in connection with your claim may include: your name, address, contact details, date of birth, details of the circumstances of the claim or incident and any damage, injury or loss suffered by you, employment and GP details including records held by your employer and GP.
Your personal data will be held in secure electronic and/or manual format.
Why we collect your personal information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- the provision of legal services:
- the administration and management of your claim including conflict checking:
- the legitimate business purposes associated with the administration of a legal claim, such as client satisfaction surveys and auditing;
- to assist in the provision of services ancillary to your claim:
Sharing your personal information
Your solicitor may need to communicate your personal information to other individuals or organisations. For example:
- medical experts for the purpose of obtaining medical reports or acting as expert witnesses;
- car rental companies for the purpose of obtaining a replacement car;
- insurance underwriters for the purpose of assessing and validating your claim or to enable them to provide cover under an insurance policy such as legal expenses insurers;
- insurance companies/brokers/third party introducers who referred your claim to us for the purpose of complying with our contractual obligations regarding details of the claim we process;
- credit hire companies you may have contracted with and for whom you are obliged to recover the credit hire charges;
- any employer who has paid sick pay which is to be recovered as part of your personal injury claim; and/or
- others for legal advice and/or specialist services necessary to facilitate the pursuit of your claim.
In dealing with your claim, we may also transfer your information to third parties providing us with support and administrative services for the more efficient processing of your claim and/or the legitimate business purposes associated with the operating of a claims management company. Your details will be processed in each case in strict confidence and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any third party has sound security measures.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have a number of legal rights over the personal information held by us. These include the right:
- to access your personal information held in our records, whether electronically or manually;
- to correct or update any personal information that you think is incorrect;
- to ask us to delete your personal information. We will only be able to accommodate this request where it is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided or where we no longer have a lawful basis to process it your personal information;
For more information about this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint in relation to the way we process your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to resolve any complaints.
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonable and necessary for the use for which we have collected it in accordance with applicable laws.
We will keep your personal information confidential and will take appropriate measures to protect it against loss, theft or misuse and to safeguard your privacy.
Updating this Policy
We may amend this policy at any time by either notifying you or posting a revised version on our website.
back to the home page
Site Map 1 | Site Map 2 | Site Map 3 | Site Map 4
The information on this website is neither medical advice nor is it legal advice and it should not be used as a reason to disregard professional advice nor as a reason to delay seeking professional advice. A solicitor-client relationship is not established until such time as your potential claim is accepted in writing by an independent solicitor. Mere consideration of this website does not establish any form of solicitor-client relationship nor is any other form of legal relationship established. This website does not advertise nor does it provide any services with regard to workers compensation claims. This website operates by way of referral to a solicitor. The proprietors of this website do not offer legal advice and are not involved in legal practice of any description. Due to restrictions on advertising personal injury legal services, we are unable respond to any contact form, email or phone call, relating to clinical negligence occurring in Queensland.
HELPLINE: ☎ 1800 633 634
The author of the substantive medical writing on this website is Dr. Christine Traxler MD whose biography can be read here